This reading list should be useful for those wanting to know more about fossil rainforests, paleobotany and specific fossil plants of Western North America.
- "A Tropical Rainforest in Colorado 1.4 Million Years After the Cretaceous-Tertiary Boundary", Kirk R. Johnson and Beth Ellis, SCIENCE Vol. 296 28 June 2002.
- Paleobotany and the evolution of plants, 2nd edition, Wilson N. Stewart & Gar W. Rothwell, 1993, Cambridge University Press.
- Common fossil plants of Western North America, 2nd edition, William D. Tidwell, 1998, Smithsonian Institution Press.
- Upper Cretaceous floras of the Rocky mountain region, Erling Dorf, 1942, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Publication 508, Lancaster Press.
- Guide to the geology of Colorado, R.J Weimer & J.D. Haun, 1960, RMAG, GSA, Colo. Sci. Soc., Guidebook.
- Rocky mountain section of the Geological Society of America-Centennial field guide, Vol. 2, 1987, S.S. Beus.